Sourcing and Procurement: The Next Generation
Date/Time: Wednesday, March 20, 2019 - 9:00 AM to 11:00 AM
Location: Marriott East Side - Stuyvesant Room
New technology platforms and accelerated development timelines are some of the challenges facing sourcing and procurement managers in a rapidly evolving marketplace. What is needed to adapt to these changes, and what steps pharmaceutical companies, CDMOs, CMOs, and suppliers can take to optimize supply?
Leading industry executives will share their vision and strategies in addressing these all-important questions:
- What are the key considerations in guiding technology-driven sourcing and make-versus-buy decisions?
- How can new technologies or sourcing practices for new modalities engender sourcing methodologies applicable to other programs?
- What is required to gain end-to-end visibility into sourcing projects and performance?
- How can internal and external stakeholders work together effectively and in real time to improve financial impact and timelines?
New Modalities: Considerations from a Fast-Paced Sourcing World
The approach to strategic sourcing is evolving across the pharmaceutical and biotech industry as new technology platforms evolve from small molecules and biologics into cell and gene therapies. Complexity has increased as companies leverage an outsourced R&D model coupled with accelerated regulatory review timelines. As a result, companies have to consider commercial sourcing strategies earlier in development. Gain insights for evaluating capabilities, mitigating risk, scaling and maturing a supplier ecosystem to support cell and gene therapy while managing traditional modalities in small molecules and biologics.
- Hash Patel, Vice President, External Manufacturing and Strategic Sourcing, Celgene
- Kenneth Locke, Global Head of Cell Therapy External Manufacturing and Strategic Sourcing, Celgene
New Tools Toward Robustness, Efficiencies and Risk Management in Sourcing
How can sourcing and procurement teams execute to better the bottom line? Get an inside look at one company’s approach in driving productivity and performance improvements through a multi-level program that encompassed new initiatives in global strategic sourcing on selected categories, improved coordination in the sales and operations planning process to more efficiently manage global inventory of active pharmaceutical ingredients, and innovation in talent management.
- Patrik Latin, Chief Supply Chain and Procurement Officer, AMRI
- Rafael Lander, Partner, Life Sciences Supply Chain & Operations Consulting, PwC
Pricing and Registration:
The DCAT organization is pleased to offer timely and topical education sessions during DCAT Week. Compared to similar programs found in the industry’s marketplace, our program fees are deeply discounted for employees of our Registered Member Companies. Please check with your DCAT delegate to ensure your company’s membership before registering or call DCAT at 1-609-208-1888.
- DCAT Member Company Price: $169.00
- Non-Member Price: $479.00
- Doors open at 8:30 AM for coffee & networking
- There is no break during this program
- Beginning March 1, the attendee list for this program will be added to the DCAT Week mobile app (note: the list will be updated weekly through DCAT Week)
Click here for registration information and payment policies.