Pharma Industry Outlook
with Networking Reception
Date/Time: Monday, March 18, 2019 - 1:30 PM to 4:15 PM
Location: InterContinental Barclay - Grand Ballroom
Sponsored by: AMRI, Thermo Fisher Scientific, and West Pharmaceutical Services, Inc.
How did the pharmaceutical industry perform in 2018 and what should you expect in 2019 and beyond? This program will showcase an in-depth market overview of the global pharmaceutical industry for both innovator and generic drugs with key data on the leading therapeutic areas and growth prospects in developed and emerging markets.
- Graham Lewis, Vice President, Global Pharma Strategy, IQVIA
Plus, hear from leading pharmaceutical executives on the key issues in drug pricing and the industry impact. Drug pricing is a major issue in the broader debate on healthcare costs, and industry stakeholders—pharmaceutical companies, insurance companies, and pharmacy benefit managers (PBMs)—as well as government decision-makers are engaged in policy debates on how to control costs and improve market access.
Most of the initiatives are new, and their success far from certain, but they can have far-reaching implications for bio/pharmaceutical manufacturers and suppliers if they are implemented. This panel session will address a number of issues relating to the efforts to address drug prices and the implications, including:
- What are the new initiatives being launched to address drug pricing and availability in the US, including the Administration’s blueprint to lower drug prices and reduce out-of-pocket costs?
- What are the implications for pharmaceutical companies, for both generic and innovator drugs?
- What are the roles of other industry stakeholders—drug wholesalers and PBMs—in the current market and how may they change in the future?
- What is the impact on industry consolidation and the rise of new business models between insurers, PBMs, and other stakeholders?
- What other new business models have been created in response to these conditions, and how do they fit into the pharmaceutical value chain?
- What are the implications of these changes for CDMOs, CMOs, and other input suppliers?
- Roshawn Blunt, Managing Director, 1798 Consultants
- Christine Simmon, Senior Vice President, Policy and Strategic Alliances, Association for Accessible Medicines
- Martin VanTrieste, President & Chief Executive Officer, Civica Rx
Following the presentations, all registered attendees are invited to a complimentary networking reception courtesy of SEQENS.
- Time: 4:15 PM - 5:45 PM
- Room: InterContinental Barclay, Empire I
Pricing and Registration:
The DCAT organization is pleased to offer timely and topical education sessions during DCAT Week. Compared to similar programs found in the industry’s marketplace, our program fees are deeply discounted for employees of our Registered Member Companies. Please check with your DCAT delegate to ensure your company’s membership before registering or call DCAT at 1-609-208-1888.
- DCAT Member Company Price: $359.00
- Non-Member Price: $1,029.00
- Doors open at 1:00 PM for coffee & networking
- There is no break during this program
- Beginning March 1, the attendee list for this program will be added to the DCAT Week Mobile App (note: the list will be updated weekly through DCAT Week)
Online registration for this event has closed. To register onsite during DCAT Week, please visit the DCAT Office located at InterContinental Barclay, Rockefeller Room.