DCAT Week Keynote Address
Featuring Nobel Prize Winner Dr. Frances Arnold
Date/Time: Tuesday, March 19, 2019 - 1:30 PM to 2:30 PM
Location: InterContinental Barclay - Grand Ballroom
Sponsored by: Thermo Fisher Scientific
DCAT is honored to welcome Dr. Frances H. Arnold, Nobel Laureate in Chemistry (2018) to DCAT Week!
Dr. Arnold is an internationally recognized American scientist and engineer, whose significant contributions to science have resulted in a number of prestigious awards, including the 2018 Nobel Prize in Chemistry, which she received for pioneering the use of directed evolution to engineer enzymes.
In 1993, Dr. Arnold conducted the first directed evolution of enzymes, a bioengineering method for creating new and better enzymes in the laboratory using the principles of evolution. Since then, she has refined these methods that are now used in a variety of applications, such as the development of new biocatalysts, which are applied in pharmaceutical synthesis, the manufacture of other chemicals, and in the production of renewable fuels. Her research has and continues to advance the fields of protein engineering, directed protein evolution, structure-guided protein recombination, biocatalysis, and biofuels.
Pricing and Registration:
The DCAT organization is pleased to offer timely and topical education sessions during DCAT Week. Compared to similar programs found in the industry’s marketplace, our program fees are deeply discounted for employees of our Registered Member Companies. Please check with your DCAT delegate to ensure your company’s membership before registering or call DCAT at 1-609-208-1888.
- DCAT Member Company Price: $25.00 (all proceeds from this event directly support the initiatives of DCAT's Science & Scholarship Committee)
- Non-Member Price: Members only. Sorry, no non-member guests.
- Doors open at 1:00 PM for coffee & networking
- There is no break during this program
- Beginning March 1, attendee names for this program will be added to the DCAT Week Mobile App (note: the list will be updated weekly through DCAT Week)
Click here for registration information and payment policies.