The DCAT Benchmarking Report: Executive Summary Presentation
Managing Bio/Pharma Supply Chains in an Uncertain Global Trade Environment
Date/Time: Monday, March 23, 2020 - 11:45 AM to 12:15 PM
Location: InterContinental Barclay - Empire I
The global trade environment is deteriorating, putting supply chains at serious risk. While the bio/pharma industry has not yet been directly targeted with tariffs or other trade barriers, the industry potentially has substantial risks, including supply disruptions and added costs because of its broad global network of manufacturing sites and suppliers.
To gain perspective, in the latter part of 2019, the DCAT organization surveyed bio/pharma, CDMO/CMO and supplier executives to gauge their level of concern about the trade environment, and the steps they are taking to confront the real and potential risks to their supply chains. The study explores actions companies might be considering, from simply increasing inventories to re-thinking their entire global manufacturing and supply networks.
Learn the results of the study and benchmark your company’s planning and performance against what your peers are doing to address the trade environment. Issues addressed include:
- Awareness: how explicitly do companies address trade risks in their business plans and operations?
- Risk exposure: which potential developments and events are companies most concerned about as risks to their supply chains?
- Monitoring and responsibility: what mechanisms and tools do companies use to identify, monitor and respond to trade risks?
- Mitigation strategies: how are companies reflecting trade risks in their strategic plans, e.g., second sourcing, supplier selection, inventory management, facility location, contract terms?
This study is part of DCAT Benchmarking, a complimentary, value-added member benefit providing in-depth studies that examine the crucial issues impacting the pharmaceutical manufacturing value chain and the pharma customer—supplier relationship.
Who Should Attend
- C-suite and senior to mid-level executives of biopharmaceutical and pharmaceutical companies, including those with functional responsibility in sourcing, procurement, supply management and manufacturing.
- C-suite and senior to mid-level executives of CDMOs, CMOs and suppliers, including those engaged in business development, sales, marketing and operational functions in support of biopharmaceutical and pharmaceutical development and manufacturing.
- Jim Miller, Consultant & Content Advisor, Drug, Chemical & Associated Technologies Association (DCAT)
- Price: This is a complimentary program for DCAT Member Companies only (pre-registration is required). Sorry, no non-member guests.
Please do not use Internet Explorer when accessing the DCAT Week registration site. Google Chrome, Safari, Microsoft Edge or Firefox are preferred.