Pharma Industry Outlook
with Networking Reception
Date/Time: Monday, March 23, 2020 - 1:30 PM to 4:15 PM
Location: InterContinental Barclay - Grand Ballroom
Sponsored by: AMRI, Thermo Fisher Scientific, and West Pharmaceutical Services, Inc.
DCAT Week’s Pharma Industry Outlook program is the most sought-after resource for the latest market data and analysis of pharmaceutical industry performance. Only at DCAT Week can you and your team get a comprehensive market assessment with the information you need to know to help guide your decision-making in the biopharmaceutical/pharmaceutical manufacturing value chain.
Pharmaceutical Market Overview
Get an in-depth market overview of the current and projected performance of the global pharmaceutical industry for both innovator and generic drugs with key data on the leading therapeutic areas and growth prospects in developed and emerging markets. Key areas to be addressed include:
- How did the global pharmaceutical industry perform in 2019 and what can be expected in 2020 and beyond?
- Which therapeutics sectors are driving product innovation?
- Which geographic markets are leading growth?
- What are the growth prospects for primary drugs and specialty drugs?
- What macro factors, such as drug pricing, and other issues are impacting industry performance?
Breakthrough Therapies and Fast-Track Drugs: A New Paradigm for Development and Commercialization and CMC Execution
Plus, hear from hands-on drug-development executives on the implications of the growing number of candidates receiving Breakthrough Therapy and Fast-Track designations from the FDA. Biopharma companies have jumped at this opportunity as development candidates receiving those designations typically require a less extensive and expensive clinical trial program and gain quicker approval. The panel will address a number of key questions surrounding the breakthrough and fast-track designations, including:
- What are the expedited development pathways offered by the FDA and what are the differences among them? What are the similar pathways offered by the European Medicines Agency?
- How many drug candidates are receiving such designations? What are the characteristics of drugs receiving them, e.g., which therapeutic areas and API types?
- What are the implications of expedited pathways for design and implementation of clinical trials? How do they impact the development of clinical trial materials?
- How can development of drug substances and drug products be streamlined to match the expedited approval process? Can development steps be re-sequenced or abbreviated?
- How does the prospect of expedited approval impact the choice of CDMOs/CMOs?
- What lessons have professionals that have been through expedited approval learned? What initiatives worked well? What would they do differently?
- How are CDMOs/CMOs coping with the demands of expedited development?
Who Should Attend
- C-suite and senior to mid-level executives of biopharmaceutical and pharmaceutical companies, including those with functional responsibility in sourcing, procurement, supply management and manufacturing.
- C-suite and senior to mid-level executives of CDMOs, CMOs and suppliers, including those engaged in business development, sales, marketing and operational functions in support of biopharmaceutical and pharmaceutical development and manufacturing.
- Graham Lewis, Vice President, Global Pharma Strategy, IQVIA
Breakthrough Therapies and Fast-Track Drugs Panelists
- Kate McLaughlin, PhD, Vice President, Life Science Tools, Health Advances
- James Mencel, PhD, Senior Drug Substance Consultant, DS Inpharmatics
- Paolo Patri, Chief Technical Officer, Stevanato Group
Following the presentations, all registered attendees are invited to a complimentary networking reception courtesy of Grand River Aseptic Manufacturing.
- Time: 4:15 PM - 5:45 PM
- Room: InterContinental Barclay, Empire I
Pricing and Registration
The DCAT organization is pleased to offer timely and topical education sessions during DCAT Week. Compared to similar programs found in the industry’s marketplace, our program fees are deeply discounted for employees of our Registered Member Companies. Please check with your DCAT delegate to ensure your company’s membership before registering or call DCAT at 1-609-208-1888.
- DCAT Member Company Price: $369.00
- Non-Member Price: $1,110.00
- Doors open at 1:00 PM for coffee & networking
- There is no break during this program
- Beginning March 1, the attendee list for this program will be added to the DCAT Week Mobile App (note: the list will be updated weekly through DCAT Week)
Please do not use Internet Explorer when accessing the DCAT Week registration site. Google Chrome, Safari, Microsoft Edge or Firefox are preferred.