Inside Canada: NAFTA 2.0: Trans-Border Trade and the Impact on Pharma Manufacturing and Supply
With Networking Reception
Date/Time: Wednesday, March 20, 2019 - 2:00 PM to 4:00 PM
Location: Marriott East Side - Stuyvesant Room
Canada is an important trading and manufacturing partner for the US overall and for the pharmaceutical industry. Pharmaceutical companies continue to optimize their production costs and strive to identify the best locations to outsource their operations. Proximity continues to be an important decision point as it can alleviate logistical concerns while having a positive impact on costs. As such, locations that share a common border are more likely to develop profitable partnerships.
The last several years have been challenging for companies navigating across the US–Canadian border. While many companies have established production cycles that go across the border multiple times, the evolving legal framework has made the flow of goods and services across the border more complex. Adaptation is the key.
This program will provide industry insights on the key issues impacting pharmaceutical manufacturing, supply, and trade inside, and with, Canada. Speakers will discuss the impact of the new trade pact, the United States–Mexico–Canada Agreement (i.e., NAFTA 2.0) on the US and Canada, the key issues on intellectual property and the flow of pharmaceutical ingredients and pharmaceuticals products.
Come learn from key stakeholders about the Canadian pharmaceutical market, the key issues impacting pharmaceutical manufacturing and supply, the opportunities, and how to navigate across the border with the least resistance.
This education program is brought to you by the Drug, Chemical & Associated Technologies Association (DCAT) to provide information of a regional focus through a special partnership with Pharmed Canada, a Montreal-based health industries manufacturing and R&D outsourcing network.
A Canadian Pharmaceutical Market Overview
- Perry Niro, President, Pharmed Canada and Executive Director, Quebec Biotechnology Innovation Center
Navigating Across Both Sides of the Border
- Louis-David Cantin, PhD, MBA, President, Groupe PARIMA Inc.
Integrating Canadian Supply Chains
- Jean De Serres, Vice President, Scientific Affairs and Operations, Paladin Labs
Examining NAFTA 2.0 (the United States–Mexico–Canada Agreement)
- David Turgeon, PhD, Partner and Patent Agent, Fasken
Following the presentations, all registered attendees are invited to a complimentary networking reception, courtesy of Pharmed Canada.
- Time: 4:00 PM - 5:30 PM
- Room: Marriott East Side, Stuyvesant Room
Pricing and Registration:
- This is a complimentary program for all DCAT Week attendees (pre-registration is required)
- Doors open at 1:30 PM for coffee & networking
- There is no break during this program
- Beginning March 1, attendee names for this program will be added to the DCAT Week mobile app (note: the list will be updated weekly through DCAT Week)
Online registration for this event has closed. To register onsite during DCAT Week, please visit the DCAT Office located at InterContinental Barclay, Rockefeller Room.