DCAT Week COVID-19 Protocols
Updated March 7, 2022 [A print-ready PDF version of this policy can be found here]
Vaccine Mandates Lifted in New York City - Effective March 7, 2022, Key to NYC COVID-19 protocols have been lifted. Proof of vaccination will no longer be required to enter Official DCAT Week Hotels and DCAT hosted areas of the InterContinental, Lotte NY Palace, and Hilton Hotels during DCAT Week.
The DCAT organization is committed to remaining fully compliant with the City of New York’s COVID-19 vaccination requirements and protocols. Please monitor this policy leading up to DCAT Week, as these policies may change. For 2022, the DCAT Week event will be conducted as follows:
- Although, as of February 10, 2022, the City of New York no longer requires that those vaccinated wear face masks in public areas of hotels, DCAT strongly encourages everyone to wear a mask during all DCAT Week functions as an added layer of protection. Masks are still required in certain areas of New York City, including trains, buses, and taxis/rideshare services.
- DCAT no longer requires that Member Companies with reserved Business Meeting Space check for proof of full vaccination and identification for all guests entering their Business Meeting Space.
- International travelers should monitor the travel requirements to the U.S. issued by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
DCAT and its Official DCAT Week Hotels reserve the right to extend or modify proof of vaccination and/or mask requirements within all areas of Official DCAT Week Hotels, which include:
- Hotel 48LEX
- The Benjamin Hotel
- The New York Hilton Midtown
- The InterContinental New York Barclay Hotel
- The Lexington Hotel
- Lotte New York Palace Hotel
- The San Carlos Hotel
PCR Tests at DCAT Week
The DCAT organization and Lotte NY Palace Hotel have partnered to provide PCR tests for travelers from outside the USA. DCAT Member Company employees who are required to provide a negative PCR test for COVID-19 before boarding flights will be able to get tested during DCAT Week.
Testing will be from Monday, March 21, through Friday, March 25, 9:00 AM to 4:30 PM ET. The testing is available in the Courtyard of the Lotte NY Palace Hotel facing Madison Ave. Enter the Lotte NY Palace Hotel from the revolving doors on 50th Street or the side doors on 51st Street. Walk towards the center lobby to the staircase and follow the signs to the Courtyard.
Hotel Sanitation Protocols
As of January 7, 2022, sanitation protocols at Official DCAT Week Hotels include, but are not limited to:
- Enhanced cleaning procedures that include UV light technology, HEPA filtration, and hospital-grade disinfectants for use and effectiveness against viruses, bacteria, and other airborne pathogens.
- Increased frequency of cleaning by focusing on high-touch areas in public spaces and guest rooms including counters, room keys, light switches, elevator buttons, doorknobs, TV remote controls, and phones.
- Sanitizing stations are located throughout hotel public spaces and meeting spaces.
For more information about a specific hotel’s policies, please contact the hotel directly.
Member Company Name Badges
The DCAT organization’s traditional Member Company Name Badge is used by attendees for instant introductions, at-a-glance name recall, and to make new connections easier. The Member Company Name Badge is only available to employees of Registered DCAT Member Companies.
Employees of Registered Member Companies can obtain a Member Company Name Badge by pre-registering at dcatweek.org/MemberBadges or by registering onsite at the DCAT Staff Office located in the InterContinental Barclay (Barclay Salon, 1st Floor) or outside of the Member Company Lounge at the Lotte New York Palace Hotel (Villard Ballroom, 2nd Floor).
Access to Education Programs and Networking Events with Member Company Name Badge
The DCAT organization’s traditional Member Company Name Badge is also used by attendees who have pre-registered for Education Programs and Networking Events. Registration for all events for which an attendee has pre-registered is identified through a QR Code printed in the corner of the name badge. Therefore, those attending DCAT Week programs and events must pick up their badge at the DCAT Staff Office located in the InterContinental Barclay (Barclay Salon, 1st Floor) or outside of the Member Company Lounge at the Lotte New York Palace Hotel (Villard Ballroom, 2nd Floor). Again, each attendee must be present to pick up their own badge and may not pick up a badge on behalf of another person. Pre-registration is encouraged to expedite the pick-up process.
Access to Annual Dinner and Name Badges
The DCAT organization’s Annual Dinner Name Badges are created through an online portal on the DCAT Week website for those DCAT Member Companies who have purchased dinner table(s). These badges are different from the DCAT Member Company Name Badge. A company’s badge packet will be provided to the Company Table Contact from Monday through Thursday of DCAT Week in the DCAT Staff Office in the InterContinental Barclay (Barclay Salon, 1st Floor). It is the responsibility of the Company Table Contact to retrieve the badge packet and distribute the dinner badges to their guests.
The City of New York strongly recommends that everyone wear a mask in all indoor public settings, even when it is not required. Therefore, DCAT strongly encourages everyone to wear a mask during the DCAT Annual Dinner as an added layer of protection.
DCAT Member Companies holding Dinner Tables will receive additional detailed information regarding the event.
If you have any questions about these protocols, please contact the DCAT Office at +1-609-208-1888 or 1-800-640-DCAT (3228).
New York City COVID-19 Protocols
The following links will provide you with the latest information from the City of New York regarding their COVID-19 protocols. Please check these often as they are subject to change.