Second Floor Policy
Access to the Ballroom Level of the InterContinental Barclay Hotel
The DCAT organization has made an exclusive buy-out of the InterContinental Barclay, the host hotel for the 2020 DCAT Week event. This includes meeting rooms, ballrooms, and a substantial amount of hotel sleeping rooms. Therefore, beginning at DCAT Week 2020, the organization will preclude representatives of non-member companies from utilizing the 2nd floor pre-function areas near the business meeting rooms, the Ballroom and the Member Lounge. Access for DCAT members and non-members pre-registered for education programs or meetings with DCAT Member Companies with business meeting suites located on the 2nd floor is outlined below:
- DCAT Member Company representatives wishing to come to the 2nd floor pre-function, Ballroom, and Member Lounge areas must wear an official DCAT Week Member Name Badge. Member badges are available by pre-registration or onsite at the Barclay Room (DCAT Office Lobby Level) and at the Lotte Palace, and Omni Hotel Member Lounges.
- Members and Non-members who are attending business meetings with DCAT Member Companies that hold meeting space in the 2nd floor rooms (Rockefeller, Morgan, Astor and Vanderbilt) are requested to take the Lexington Avenue side elevators from the hotel lobby to the 2nd floor to easily access those company’s business meeting spaces.
- Non-members pre-registered for education programs held in the 2nd floor ballroom will have access by a “Special Program Access Only Name Badge.” These badges are available to registrants for pick-up before each education program in the Barclay Room (DCAT Office) off the lobby of the InterContinental Barclay.
- Any DCAT Week attendees wishing to access the restrooms on the 2nd floor of the InterContinental Barclay are asked to do so by using the Lexington Avenue side elevators in the lobby.
- DCAT Week attendees using the center elevators located off the landing of the Grand Staircase should note that these elevators will not stop on the 2nd floor Ballroom Level.
- Access to the 2nd level of the Grand Staircase (beyond the landing) will only be for DCAT Member Company representatives who are wearing the official DCAT Week Member Name Badge.
- The DCAT organization and its representatives reserve the right to deny access to those who are not registered members of the Drug, Chemical & Associated Technologies Association, Inc.
- Membership information and application are available at https://dcat.org/MemberApplication.htm