Member Company Announcement Forum Podium Time Criteria
Make It Official at DCAT Week's Member Company Announcement Forum
Monday, March 18, 2019 | 9:30 AM - 11:30 AM | Lotte New York Palace
Doors open at 9:00am for coffee and networking.
The DCAT Member Company Announcement Forum is an important platform for DCAT member companies to make major news announcements on strategy developments, mergers and acquisitions (M&A), post-M&A integration, and significant manufacturing expansion activity during DCAT Week.
Who Can Apply
Registered DCAT member companies may request podium time as outlined below. Please note, the application deadline is February 4, 2019.
Podium Time Presentation Criteria
Presentation: The presentation must be a recent major company announcement that covers one of the following:
Key corporate strategic developments for 2019:
- Mergers and acquisitions (M&A), including post-M&A integration*
- Significant manufacturing expansions, including updated timelines for completion and launch*
*Note that mergers and acquisitions (M&A) and expansion announcements prior to January 2019, must include updated timelines for completion or in the case of M&A announcements, updates of post-M&A integration.
- Be informative and factual, akin to an investor presentation, not a marketing or client presentation. Marketing-based presentations will not be accepted.
- Be specific as to the news development; for example, manufacturing investments should provide amount of the investment (dollar amount and/or amount of capacity addition).
- Lead with the news development. The audience is well-informed and knowledgeable about companies, so it is interested in the news development not a listing of company capabilities. Explain the strategic rationale for the news development to provide context.
- Not include general information such as a listing of company capabilities or company descriptions.
Examples of presentations that will not be considered:
- New product announcement
- Progression of a drug candidate or a drug-development program
- Overview and/or trends of a specific market
- Partnering or supply pacts between companies if no further news, such as co-investment or acquisiton of a manufacturing facility, is part of the announcement
- Mergers and acquisitions/expansion prior to January 2019 that does not include updated timelines
- Internal company reorganization
Presentation Length: Maximum of 10 minutes, which translates into five to six slides plus the cover slide, which should include the company and name and title of presenter. DCAT will provide a DCAT Week PowerPoint template that must be used for slide presentations. As there will be no Q&A following the presentation, we recommend the speaker end the presentation with a contact information slide and offer to speak with attendees at the end of the Forum (assuming this works with the speaker's schedule).
Presenter: The presenter must be a senior executive of a registered DCAT member company in corporate management or operations related to the announcement. The presentation may not be made by marketing, sales, business development, or communication professionals.
Podium time notifcation process: The DCAT Member Company Announcement Oversight Task Force will review applications to evaluate whether a given news announcement will receive podium time. Applicants will be notified by February 15, 2019 by the DCAT staff liason for the Forum, Erin Sanders, Sr. Communications & Technology Specialist, +1-609-208-1888, ext. 7001, or email@example.com.
Presentation deadline: If accepted for podium time, please submit your presentation no later than March 8, 2019. Presentations will be reviewed for adherence to the Forum's criteria.
Questions? Contact Erin Sanders, Sr. Communications & Technology Specialist, +1-609-208-1888, ext. 7001, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Presenter Bonus: DCAT Value Chain Insights Special Edition
In addition to the Member Company Announcement Forum, a Special Edition of DCAT Value Chain Insights offers you an opportunity to share important company news with our readers in its weekly newsletter and on DCATvci.org.
For presenters, DCAT will report a brief summary (no more than 500 words) with a photo of the presenter for each forum presentation. DCAT member companies not making a podium presentation at the DCAT Member Company Announcement Forum may submit press releases for editorial consideration.