DCAT Week 2020 Annual Meeting: Statement on Coronavirus
Submitted on Tue, 02/25/2020 - 2:44pm
Robbinsville, New Jersey March 4, 2020 – At this time, the DCAT organization will honor its commitment to hold DCAT Week 2020 as planned. The health and safety of our member community is our highest priority, and we are committed to holding a safe, productive, and successful event. Currently, New York City has no venue closing mandate or travel ban.
We continue to monitor reports on COVID-19 from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the World Health Organization (WHO), and the New York City Department of Health, and are implementing all guidance and recommended safety measures issued by these authorities.
We are working with our Official DCAT Week Hotel Partners to ensure the safety of all attendees. Our partners have advised us that they will maintain rigorous cleanliness and safety standards throughout their hotel properties.
Attendees can expect to see sanitizers, tissues, masks, signage and other accommodations in DCAT Lounges and public areas to actively encourage all attendees to take common-sense precautions and follow CDC guidelines.
For the most current information about COVID-19, see the following resources:
- World Health Organization
- U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention - Recommendations to Prevent COVID-19
DCAT will communicate timely updates pertaining to COVID-19 before and during DCAT Week.
Prevention Tips for DCAT Week:
- No handshakes will be necessary. Your customers, suppliers and new acquaintances will understand.
- Never cough into your hands – cough into your elbow.
- Wash your hands.
- Avoid touching surfaces – use elbows if you can to open doors, hit elevator buttons, etc.
- Travel with high-alcohol content wipes and wipe all surfaces, including air vents on planes.
- If you feel ill, avoid contact with other people and seek medical attention if necessary.
- Only wear a mask if you are ill.
The Drug, Chemical & Associated Technologies Association (DCAT) is a not-for-profit, global business development association whose unique membership model integrates both innovator and generic drug manufacturers and suppliers of ingredients, development and manufacturing services, and related technologies. It is committed to provide programs, events and services that help its members meet their business objectives, expand their network of customers and suppliers, and gain insight into industry trends, markets, and those issues impacting pharmaceutical development and manufacturing.
Drug, Chemical & Associated Technologies Association
Sr. Communications & Technology Specialist
+1-609-208-1888, ext. 7001